Studio Bookings Terms & Conditions
For the purposes of this document – the term CLIENT is taken to mean the company or individual who books the studios PLUS any agents, colleagues, audience, clients, freelancers, friends, staff and assistants who are employed by, working with or otherwise present at the studio by the invitation of the CLIENT. It does NOT include freelancers or staff contracted by CELEBRO STUDIOS, but include the freelancers who are hired through CELEBRO STUDIOS for the particular booking and at the CLIENT’s request.
1) On booking CELEBRO STUDIOS for the purposes of filming, photography or performance, the CLIENT accepts that they are satisfied with the facilities and that they have deemed it to be suitable for the purposes of the hire.
2) A CELEBRO STUDIOS’ manager will be on hand during the CLIENT’s booking to ensure that you can use the space effectively.
- The role of the CELEBRO STUDIOS manager is to assist the CLIENT in optimizing the space and to ensure no damage occurs to the premises and that health and safety a not jeopardized by the CLIENT. The Manager cannot be used as a runner.
- CELEBRO STUDIOS managers are not responsible for producing/directing your product.
3) With the CLIENT’s consent, CELEBRO STUDIOS carefully and respectfully may use some of the images/footage from the shoot on the studio’s websites, blogs and social networking sites for promotional purposes.
4) Verbal confirmation is not an accepted booking confirmation method. The booking is only confirmed once the client has E-Signed the Booking Form, a Booking Confirmation has been issued to the client by CELEBRO STUDIOS, and the appropriate deposit sum has been paid.
5) It is the responsibility of the CLIENT to specify formats for recording IN ADVANCE – any media generated should be checked by the CLIENT to ensure the correct frame-rate, aspect ratio, sound sampling, format etc. The CLIENT should provide a PC formatted drive to allow us to copy material for taking away. We CANNOT put files onto a Mac formatted drive.
6) The studio hire hours start from the time the hirer enters the studio or the agreed start booking time.
7) The studio must be left in the condition that it was found. Any props/set or large items that need to be disposed of must be removed from the site and the studio must be generally cleaned by the CLIENT.
8) The CLIENT agrees to compensate the Studio for loss, damage or distress to equipment, facilities, or to the fabric of the CELEBRO STUDIOS itself, if caused by the CLIENT.
9) CELEBRO STUDIOS cannot under any circumstances be held responsible for fines incurred by the CLIENT and their visitors who park their vehicles in contravention of prevailing traffic laws.
10) Smoking/Vaping (E-Cigarettes) is not permitted anywhere within the studio premises.
11) CELEBRO STUDIOS is covered by employer’s liability insurance. The CLIENT is responsible for its own production insurance.
12) Tea and Coffee are provided free of charge on Self-service basis. Food and drinks are not permitted in the gallery, studio or control rooms.
13) The Client is required to provide all the information related to the booking including project name, time & date, company billing address, client representative name, email and phone number. This information will be gathered in the Booking Form and will be sent to E-Sign to the Client prior the booking. This is necessary step to confirm the booking. A Booking Confirmation will be issued after by CELEBRO STUDIOS.
14) In case of any items like props or equipment are being delivered to the studio for the particular booking, the Client is required to arrange such deliveries within CELEBRO STUDIO office hours and every delivery should be agreed and confirmed by the Studio Management.
15) A standard booking day is 8 hours unless booked by the hour. If booked for the full day, CELEBRO STUDIOS will allow for a complimentary use of the studio premises with no extra charge for up to 10 hours. The CLIENT will, however, need to check if the studio has another booking or a fast turnaround (in which case the client will not be able to overrun).
16) The CLIENT will be required to pay over-time for any staff who are on site above the standard 8-hour full day bookings.
1) The greater amount, either 50% (plus VAT) or £500 (plus VAT), is required to confirm the booking and must be paid before the booking begins.
2) Any booking below £500 (excluding VAT) made by a new customer requires a full payment in advance.
3) Balancing payment for the remainder of the booking price and any extras is required on the last day of the booking to allow the release of rushes etc.
4) Any discounted booking requires a full payment in advance.
5) A payment for the booking should be made in advance if requested by Celebro Studio. This decision remains at the discretion of Celebro Studio management.
6) In case of special payment terms agreed for the particular booking, the customer should be able to present a proof of the agreement to obtain a booking confirmation.
7) By proceeding with the booking the Client agrees to the current Terms and Conditions. CELEBRO STUDIOS reserve the right to add, amend, or change any clause in the Terms and Conditions at any time.
8) Any due amount unpaid after 30 days shall be liable to interest at 8% per month pro rata above the Bank of England base rate.
9) We accept payment by BACS, credit card, debit card or cash.
10) Card payments attract a surcharge of 2%.
Overtime will be charged:
- For Full day bookings – for staff after 8 hours and for premises after 10 hours.
- For a Part day – as booking time expired.
Overtime is charged pro-rata in one-hour installments according to the Rate Card.
1) If the CLIENT wishes to cancel or postpone a confirmed booking this must be done at least 14 calendar days before the hire period starts in order to get a full refund (less £50 administration charge) or the following cancellation fees will apply:
- Between 14 and 2 calendar days prior to the shoot – 25% cancellation fee
- One day prior to the shoot – 50% cancellation fee
- On the day of the shoot – 100% cancellation fee (no refund)
2) CELEBRO STUDIOS reserve the right to cancel the booking:
- with no notice in the event of Force majeure.
- made at the discounted rate.
3) In the event of cancellation, the alternative booking dates will be offered to the customers at an agreed rate.
4) If the booking is canceled by CELEBRO STUDIOS all deposits will be returned to the CLIENT in full.
5) CELEBRO STUDIOS are not liable for any additional cost incurred as a result of a cancellation or a change in the date of the booking.
EXCLUSIONS OF LIABILITY
CELEBRO STUDIOS shall not be liable to the CLIENT for any loss, damage, expense liability or for any consequential loss (including loss of profit) whatsoever or howsoever arising out of or in connection with any of the following:
- Any damage or loss of property by the CLIENT or a third party.
- Any breakdown stoppage or failure of the facilities and Equipment provided in the Studio or any other Equipment supplied to the CLIENT by CELEBRO STUDIOS.
- Any death or injury occasioned to any CLIENT occasioned by the use of the Studio or any Equipment.
- For any fines and/or legal costs incurred by CELEBRO STUDIOS or the CLIENT for any activity connected with the hire of the Studio or Equipment.
- Any failure on the part of CELEBRO STUDIOS to comply with its obligations to the Customer due to any circumstances beyond the control of CELEBRO STUDIOS
CELEBRO STUDIO may summarily terminate any hire contract with the CLIENT upon the happening of any of the following events:
a) If the CLIENT shall fail to pay any of the monies due to CELEBRO STUDIOS
b) Other than for the purposes of amalgamation or reconstruction, CELEBRO STUDIO may summarily terminate the contract if the CLIENT:
- Enters into liquidation
- Shall have a receiver of its assets appointed
- Shall be declared bankrupt
- Has a Receiver order made against them
c) In the event that the CLIENT commits a criminal act or otherwise acts contrary to the laws of England and Wales.
d) If the CLIENT shall be in breach of any of the terms of these Conditions and any such termination shall be without prejudice to any rights accrued to CELEBRO STUDIOS against the CLIENT prior to the date of termination.
STUDIO MECHANICAL & ELECTRICAL
1) The studio presumes that anyone operating any of its equipment is competent with its use. It is the CLIENT’s responsibility to pre-determine that all crew is capable and qualified for the job they are doing and will be held liable for any misuse or damages incurred.
2) CELEBRO STUDIOS is liable for the safety of its own electrical equipment.
3) CELEBRO STUDIOS is not liable for any equipment failure and/or delays due to any electrical or mechanical fault.
4) The CLIENT should ensure that all electric equipment they bring to the studio is tested and safe to use.
5) CELEBRO STUDIOS can provide electrical consumables to the CLIENT at a separate charge, but the CLIENT may bring their own consumables if preferred.
6) Power cuts from external sources are not deemed to be the responsibility of CELEBRO STUDIOS; the studio will not be held liable for any losses incurred as a result of power cuts or other electrical failures.
HEALTH & SAFETY
1) While in the studio, the CLIENT is responsible for their own (and third parties employed through them) insurance cover against theft, loss or damage to their own equipment. CELEBRO STUDIOS will not be held liable for any claims whatsoever made by the CLIENT or substituent individuals working on any one particular shoot.
2) The CLIENT is responsible for and liable for their own insurance to cover personal injury to crew and cast, plus liability to any third parties involved.
3) The CLIENT is responsible for the health & safety of their shoot.
4) In the event of injury, CELEBRO STUDIOS provides a First Aid Kit. However, the studio may be unable to provide First Aid qualified personnel.
5) In the event of a fire alarm or evacuation – the CLIENT must leave the building until an all-clear has been given. Fire regulations are posted at various points through the building.
6) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES use of inflammable liquids and of pyrotechnics are allowed at CELEBRO STUDIOS. A smoke machine can be allowed subject to special permission and fire alarm deactivation and reactivation charge.
1) CELEBRO STUDIOS operates internal and external CCTV camera recording equipment.
2) CELEBRO STUDIOS won’t be held responsible for CLIENTS’ lost, stolen or damaged goods or equipment on the studio premises at any time.
3) All goods and equipment are brought into the studio premises entirely at the owner’s risk.
4) The CLIENT should inform CELEBRO STUDIOS of certain aspects of a shoot that might necessitate specific precautionary measures or the provision of additional facilities or services. These include, but is not limited to excessive noise (including music playback), set-builds, nudity, doing stunts, working with children or animals.
By proceeding with the booking you agree:
i) To abide by the T&C and the payment terms.
ii) Only the requested and confirmed facilities and equipment are to be included in the studio hire.
iii) Only the specified equipment and personal (crew, cast, production, and audience) are allowed on the premises.
CELEBRO STUDIOS is a trade name for Celebro Media Productions Ltd.
General Enquiries & Studio bookings: email@example.com
Invoicing and payments: firstname.lastname@example.org
Office and Studio Address:
4 Great Portland Street, Portland House London, W1W 8QJ, UK
Tel: +44 207 5808 270
72A High Street, Battle, East Sussex, TN33 0AG, UK. Tel: +44 791 8843 240
Celebro Live Terms & Conditions
Effective March 1, 2018
- GENERAL TERMS.
- In these terms and conditions (“Terms”), “Client” means the person, firm or company to whom any work or process and/or the supply of materials are being provided (“Services”); “Celebro Media” means Celebro Media Limited, any trading division of Celebro Media Limited and any company that is a member of the same group of companies as Celebro Media Limited within the meaning of section 736 of the Companies Act 1985 the identity of such company being stated on the order form or written quotation relating to such Services and/or materials (“Group Company”) or, in the absence of an order form or written quotation, the Group Company providing such particular Services and/or materials.
- These Terms apply to every contract for the provision of Services by Celebro Media to the Client to the exclusion of any other terms and conditions proposed or referred to by the Client (unless specifically agreed in writing by Celebro Media) and the supply of Services by Celebro Media shall not constitute acceptance of any other terms and conditions. For the avoidance of doubt, the acceptance by Celebro Media of a Client’s purchase order which contains different terms and conditions does not constitute acceptance of those terms and conditions. Unless otherwise specified by the Client, Celebro Media may, in its sole discretion, select the brand, type and quality of recording material recording device or capture disk to be used for Services.
- These Terms constitute the entire agreement between Celebro Media and the Client and shall apply to the exclusion of any non-fraudulent representation, whether express or implied, written or oral made by or on behalf of Celebro Media.
- In these Terms, unless notified to the contrary in writing, Celebro Media shall be entitled to rely on instructions given to Celebro Media by any third party (including without limitation any advertising agency) purportedly on the Client’s behalf.
- ORDERS, CANCELLATION AND QUOTATIONS.
- All orders shall be placed using the Client’s authorised Purchase Order and no order will be binding on Celebro Media unless or until such order has been accepted by Celebro Media in writing, save that verbal orders may be accepted at Celebro Media ‘s discretion. Once accepted, an order may not be cancelled other than with Celebro Media’s written consent and each order placed will create a separate contract which will be automatically governed by these Terms.
- In the event of any cancellation request being received and permitted by Celebro Media more than 7 days prior to the date the Services are due to commence, Celebro Media shall be entitled to payment of 80% of the estimated fees for such Service. Any cancellation received and permitted less than 7 days before the date the Services are due to commence shall be charged in full.
- Unless expressly stated otherwise, a quotation is valid for 30 days only from the date of the quotation.
- PRICE AND PAYMENT.
- Unless Celebro Media has given a written quotation, all work will be done at Celebro Media ‘s rate card current at the date an order is received from Client. Whilst given in good faith, Celebro Media shall not be bound by any estimate of price. All prices are subject to value added tax payable by the Client at the appropriate rate.
- Unless Celebro Media has agreed in writing, Client shall be required to pay (in Pounds Sterling by Bankers Automatic Clearing Service) 50% of the estimated fees on acceptance of the order and the final balance on delivery or, if earlier, notification that the goods or services are ready for delivery.
- Celebro Media may in its sole discretion agree to grant the Client credit. Celebro Media shall be entitled to trade and/or bank references to consider any credit application. Where Celebro Media has agreed in writing to a credit arrangement, the Client shall pay all charges in full within 30 days of the date of the invoice. Credit card details should not be provided unless requested. Celebro Media complies with all relevant data protection legislation but unsolicited information is provided at Client’s own risk.
- If any sum payable by the Client shall not be paid by the due date for payment, Celebro Media shall be entitled to:
- interest on all outstanding sums at the rate of 3% per annum above the base rate of National Westminster Bank plc from the due date until the date of payment and such interest shall be payable on demand
- withdraw any applicable discounts and to charge the full amount in accordance with the current rate card; and
- vary any credit limit going forward.
- Any query alleging a defect in the Services must be raised in writing within 7 days of the Client becoming aware of the alleged defect. Any query relating to an invoice (or pre-invoice) must be raised in writing within 14 days of such invoice (or pre-invoice). Queries will only be considered where Client acts in good faith.
- Celebro Media shall be entitled to retain possession of any materials created by Celebro Media in the course of providing the Services (“Materials”) until payment has been received in full from the Client.
- Until Celebro Media has received payment in cleared funds for the Services:
- legal title to all Materials produced in the course of such Services shall remain with Celebro Media (notwithstanding delivery or the passing of risk to the Client);
- Celebro Media shall have a general lien over all materials in its possession belonging to the Client (“Client Materials”); and
- the licence granted by Celebro Media to the Client pursuant to Clause 5(B) shall not take effect.
- Furthermore, legal title to the Material shall remain with Celebro Media until Celebro Media has received payment in cleared funds of all charges due for all Services rendered by Celebro Media to the Client.
- In the event of any monies remaining outstanding from the Client to Celebro Media after the expiry of 14 days after such monies becoming due or if any step is taken by or against the Client pursuant to the Insolvency Act 1986:
- Celebro Media shall be entitled to exploit or dispose of all Materials and Client Materials in its possession, retain the net proceeds of sale against such outstanding monies, and shall account to the Client for the balance (if any) remaining; and/or
- the Client shall forthwith upon demand deliver to Celebro Media any Materials, ownership of which remains with Celebro Media, and in any event Celebro Media shall be entitled to re-possess the same and for such purpose the Client grants to Celebro Media an irrevocable licence to enter into the premises of the Client, without being liable for any damage caused thereby
- The Client shall not be entitled to make any deduction from any payment due to Celebro Media in respect of any set-off or counterclaim.
- COMPLETION AND DELIVERY.
- In all cases, delivery shall be considered to have occurred on successful connection of circuits under Celebro’s control or direction to the relevant hnad-off point as advised in the service confirmation.
- At Celebro Media ‘s sole discretion, Celebro Media may agree (at the Client’s sole expense and risk) to record content and then pack and despatch Mateials to any address specified by the Client.
- Celebro Media shall use all reasonable efforts to deliver in accordance with delivery dates and times but Celebro Media shall not be liable for any loss or damages of any nature caused by any failure of Celebro Media to meet any delivery date and time of completion.
- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY.
- As between the client and Celebro, title in and to and all Intellectual Property Rights in the client’s content, logos and/or the clients televisions channels (and any content contained in it) vests in and shall remain vested in the Client and Celebro shall not acquire or be deemed to acquire any legal or beneficial rights in relation to the same. For the purposes of this Agreement, Intellectual Property Rights means any and all intellectual property rights in any and all media whether or not registered or capable of registration including, without limitation, copyright (existing as at the date of this Agreement or arising any time thereafter), patents, trademarks, service marks, trade names, domain names, design rights, database rights, know-how and any applications for the protection or registration of these rights and the right to make such applications. For the avoidance of doubt, Celebro acknowledges that the Client is the sole producer of any and all content produced as a result of using the Celebro’s live links, field studios, main studios and or any other Celebro Facilities or facilities contracted on the Clients behalf.
- The Client grants to Celebro Media a non-exclusive licence to edit, adapt, reproduce ,receive, store, transmit or otherwise process or use in any way whatsoever the Client Materials for the purpose of providing the Services and refer to the Client and the title of the relevant Client project in Celebro Media ‘s advertising and/or promotions.
- Client also hereby grants Celebro Media the limited right to exhibit the Client Materials, or excerpts thereof, on the Celebro Media websites, in press releases, or in “demo reels” for the limited purpose of demonstration of Celebro Media ‘s work in accordance with standard industry practice.
- The Client shall ensure that Celebro Media is given screen credits in respect of the Services in a form approved in advance by Celebro Media.
- FORCE MAJEURE. Celebro Media shall not be under any liability to the Client as a result of Celebro Media being unable to perform any of its obligations due to circumstances beyond its reasonable control including without limitation industrial action, act of God, fire, flood, storm, acts of civil or military authorities, war, terrorism, shortages of material or acts, omissions or failures of third parties or the Client. Celebro Media shall at its sole option be entitled to either perform such obligations as and when it is reasonably able to do so or to treat itself as wholly or partly released from all such obligations or instructions without liability.
- Without prejudice to any other right or remedy which it may have, Celebro Media shall be entitled to terminate its agreement for the provision of Services with the Client if:
- the Client is at any time in material or persistent breach of any of these Terms or any sum owing to Celebro Media by the Client is overdue for 21 days or more;
- the Client is unable to pay its debts (within the meaning of section 123 of the Insolvency Act 1986), or has a trustee, receiver or an administrative receiver appointed over it or over any substantial part of its assets or has an order made or passes a resolution for its liquidation, dissolution or winding up (otherwise than for the purpose of a bona fide scheme of solvent amalgamation, takeover or reconstruction) or enters into any voluntary agreement with its creditors or becomes bankrupt or files for voluntary bankruptcy or ceases or threatens to cease to carry on business or any analogous situation to any of the above occurs under the law of any jurisdiction; or
- the Client Materials are not of the necessary technical standards to enable Celebro Media to perform the Services.
- Upon termination for any reason whatsoever:
- the Client shall pay to Celebro Media all sums owing in respect of Services already performed; and
- Clauses 1, 3, 5, 7(B), 8, 9, 10, 12, and 13 shall survive.
- Without prejudice to any other right or remedy which it may have, Celebro Media shall be entitled to terminate its agreement for the provision of Services with the Client if:
- WARRANTIES AND LIABILITY.
- Celebro Media shall use reasonable skill and care in performing the Services.
- Celebro Media hereby excludes to the fullest extent permitted by law any and all warranties, terms and conditions other than those set out expressly herein (whether express, implied by statute, contract, course of dealing or otherwise) including without limitation any implied warranties as to fitness for purpose or satisfactory quality.
- Celebro Media shall not in any circumstance be liable for:
- any loss of business, goodwill, reputation, contracts, opportunities or profits (in each case whether arising in the normal course of events or Celebro Media knew of the possibility of such loss);
- any indirect, consequential or special loss or damage;
- or any loss of quality attributable to any process carried out during the performance of the Services.
- The Client’s particular attention is drawn to the fact that prices quoted for the work undertaken by Celebro Media do not take any account of any special value of any Client Materials passed to, or stored by, Celebro Media. Client acknowledges that the cost of insuring Client Materials against all risks to its full value (if such insurance could be obtained) would result in a substantial increase in Celebro Media’s prices for Services. Client will insure all Client Materials passed to Celebro Media against all risks to their full replacement value (including any consequential loss they may suffer as a result of its loss or damage) and Celebro Media accepts no liability whatsoever for any loss or damage caused by the default or negligence of its servants, agents, sub-contractors or equipment save that Celebro Media shall on request refund the current purchase cost of any blank film stock or video tapes or hard drives damaged or lost in its possession by reason of Celebro Media’s negligence or default.
- Save as set out above, Celebro Media’s total liability for any and all loss or damage arising out of or in connection with any contract for Services with the Client shall be limited to the total sums paid by the Client to Celebro Media under such contract.
- Nothing herein shall be construed as excluding or limiting Celebro Media’s liability for death or personal injury caused by Celebro Media’s negligence.
- The Client shall indemnify Celebro Media, its directors, employees, contractors and agents against any and all liability, costs, expenses, claims and demands of any nature whatsoever, arising out of or in connection with the Client’s Materials and any acts or omissions of the Client, its employees or representatives, including without limitation any breach of these Terms.
- The Client warrants that:
- where Celebro Media uses the Client Materials, such use will not give rise to a breach of copyright trademark or any other proprietary interest of any third party; and
- the Client has made a security copy or second copy of the Client Materials and any master copy.
- STORAGE OF CLIENT MATERIALS.
- Celebro Media shall be entitled to destroy or dispose of any Client Materials not collected from Celebro Media within three months after the completion of any Services and, until collected, such Client Materials shall be held by Celebro Media at the Client’s sole risk and liability.
- Celebro Media will only store Client Materials on the written instructions of the Client subject to the Client paying (unless otherwise agreed in writing) monthly in advance storage charges at the rates published from time to time by Celebro Media (“Storage Charges”) and any Client Materials so stored will be stored at the Client’s sole risk and liability.
- If the Client fails to take delivery of the Services and/or Customer Materials within 21 days of notification of completion of the Services, Celebro Media will be entitled to charge and the Client obliged to pay Storage Charges.
- CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION. The Client shall keep confidential and secure all information relating to Celebro Media and the Services (the “Group Information”) and shall not disclose such Group Information to any third party (other than its employees or professional advisors who need to know the same) without Celebro Media’s prior written consent save to the extent that any Group Information is a) in the public domain not through any fault of or disclosure by or on behalf of the Client; or b) required by law to be disclosed.
- SUB-CONTRACT. Celebro Media reserves the right to sub-contract at its discretion and without notice to the Client.
- LICENCE TO OCCUPY. Any occupation of Celebro Media’s premises by the Client will:
- not confer exclusive occupation on the Client who shall occupy as licensee only;
- not create any relationship of Landlord and Tenant; subject to Landlords and Tenant act.
- be personal to the Client; and
- (unless otherwise agreed) be subject to the payment of a licence fee as imposed by Celebro Media.
- Any notice given under these Terms may be served by posting the same by ordinary recorded delivery or registered mail, in an envelope pre-paid and addressed to the recipient at the address of the recipient last known to the sending party. Such notice so posted shall be deemed to the served on the 2nd day after the same was posted.
- Celebro Media reserves the right to make changes to these Terms from time to time. An up-to-date copy will be available at Celebromedia.co.uk or on request.
- The invalidity of any of these Terms shall not affect the continuing enforceability of the remaining Terms.
- No failure or delay by Celebro Media in exercising any of its rights under these Terms shall be deemed to be a waiver of such breach or any subsequent breach of the same or any other term.
- These Terms shall not be taken to constitute a partnership or the relationship of employer and employee.
- Subject to clause 13(G), a person who is not a party to these Terms has no right under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any of these Terms but this does not affect any right or remedy of any third party which exists apart from that Act.
- Each Group Company may enforce these Terms to the extent that it has provided Service and or Materials to the Client.
- These Terms and each contract between Celebro Media and the Client shall be governed by English law and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.